Last modified: 2013-02-11 by ivan sache
Keywords: zvornik |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The coat of arms of Zvornik (municipal website), adopted in 1996, is described in the Municipal Statutes as follows:
The symbol of the municipality is a coat of arms that incorporates several symbols.
A bell with a cross and the four letters "S" in the upper left quarter on a blue background symbolizes the original name of the town, Zvorik, which is related to the word "bell, and number "1410" represents the year when the town was named Zvornik.
A tower in the upper left quarter on a red background is the symbol of the town.
A stylized wolf's head in the lower left quarter, on a red background, represents peoples' constant struggle for freedom.
Water waves in the lower right quarter symbolize river Drina.
No flag is mentioned in the Statutes.
Aleksandar Nemet, 16 June 2009