Last modified: 2010-10-30 by jarig bakker
Keywords: berlin | bezirk wilmersdorf | stadtbezirk wilmersdorf | wilmersdorf district | coat of arms: quartered | coat of arms (fleurs-de-lis: counterchanged) | crown: mural (red) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
3:5 | stripes 1+3+1
by Jens Pattke, coat-of-arms by Gunnar Staack
Flag and coat-of-arms adopted 3rd June 1955, abolished 31st December 2000
Coat-of-arms and flag officially adopted 3rd October 1955. Source: vectorial coat-of-arms image by Gunnar Staack. Flag and coat-of-arms were valid until 31st December 2000. The districts of Charlottenburg and Wilmersdorf merged on 1st January 2001 into the new district Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf.
Jens Pattke, 21 February 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted on October 3, 1955. The arms are based on the arms of the former Lords of Wilmersdorff, in slightly different colours. The Lords of Wilmersdorff had their castle in the area until 1802. As with all arms of the Berlin districts, a mural crown with a small shield with the arms of Berlin may be used.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1971.
Santiago Dotor, 18 December 2001