Last modified: 2010-10-30 by jarig bakker
Keywords: landkreis lichtenfels | lichtenfels county | coat of arms (lion: black) | coat of arms (bendlet: white) | coat of arms: base (basket: yellow) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Stefan Schwoon
Coat-of-arms adopted 26th August 1958, flag adopted 4th December 1965, abolished 30th June 1972
Black-yellow-blue, adopted 04.12.1965. Arms and flag were changed after the merger with Staffelstein under the 1972 municipal reform. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964-1972.
Stefan Schwoon, 9 August 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The old arms were granted on August 26, 1958 (...). The lion is taken from the arms of the State of Bamberg, as the largest part of the district historically belonged to the State of Bamberg. The lower part shows the wickerwork, a traditional handicraft in the district.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1972.
Santiago Dotor, 15 July 2003