Last modified: 2014-04-18 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: esztergalyhorvati | zala |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by István Molnár, 16 January 2006
Small part of the flag of Esztergályhorváti village
(yellow-blue) can be seen at <www.zalamedia.hu>.
István Molnár, 29 March 2001
Esztergályhorváti is the union of Esztergály and
Nagyhorváti (1966). The first mention of Esztergály is from
1273, the first mention of Horváthi is from the 13th century. In
1568 Esztergály was devastated by the Ottomans. In 1750
Esztergály resettled with Germans by Queen Mary-Theresie.
2001 Population Census: 465 inh. Ethnic affiliation: Hungarian: 91,9%; Gipsy: 1,1%; German: 1,5%; unknown, did not wish to answer: 7,8% Religion: Roman Catholic: 85,2%; Lutheran: 1,9%; does not belong to any church/denomination: 1,3%; unknown, did not wish to answer: 11,2%.
Sources: <hu.wikipedia.org>, <helynevtar.ksh.hu>.
István Molnár, 16 January 2006
image from <natloz.znet.hu>, located by István Molnár, 16 January 2006