Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: imielin |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
1331 - property of Cracow Bisphoric
1795-1920 - under Prussian rule following partitions of Poland
1798 - became a property of the Prussian Government
1859 - connected to the railroad grid
1920 - returned to Poland
1967 - city rights granted
1975 - district of the City of Tychy
1977 - district of the City of Mysłowice
1973-75 - seat of the rural commune of Imielin
1995 - granted its own self-government as the urban commune.
It is generally described as a industrial-agricultural commune
The most remarkable in this city is Our Lady of Scapular Church and a small chapel where Napoleon prayed on his way to conquer Russia.
During the German Invasion of Poland in 1939, German soldiers murdered 28 Poles on the night of 4 and 5 September. The victims included refugees, 3 women and one 5-year old child.
Just to terrorize the locals.
Arms and flag adopted on October 30, 1996
"Arms: based on earlier seals and Arms and after few minor modifications, the present Arms show on the blue shield and standing on green grass a silver brick chapel with the golden dome and gate.
Flag: rectangular in the ratio of 5:8 composed of four uneven color
bands in proportions of 1:1/2:1/2:1. Color sequence is (from the top):
The ceremonial flag has the Arms added in its middle."
Chrystian Kretowicz, 20 Dec 2008