Last modified: 2011-04-29 by andrew weeks
Keywords: wolsztyn |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Area: 100.7 sq.km (38.9 sq.mi) Population: 8,293 (2006) old name: Piaseczna Góra German name: SandbergEstablished in 1775 as Piaseczna Góra by Castellan Karol Koszutski with the location privilege granted by King Stanislaus Augustus Poniatowski. Original settlers were Germans and Jews, exclusively.
Although the commune's law ("Statut") doesn't mention the flag it was
shown on the
previous version of the Piaski's website (2006) after which it is
Chrystian Kretowicz 19 Nov 2008
Arms adopted in 2002. "Arms: on the white shield a red deer jumping over the sandy hill (góra piaskowa - sandberg) between two poplar trees."