Last modified: 2012-03-14 by rick wyatt
Keywords: sweetser | indiana | grant county |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
From The Sweetser Town Code, effective November 1, 1985, section 1-2-1-1: "The Town flag shall have the following design: A white field, with a golden circle centered; the word "SWEETSER" in red letters centered above the circle, and the date "1871" in red letters centered beneath the circle. Within the golden circle, the following design: a white field, with eight (8) silver interworking cogs in its center; a silver natural gas pipe on a field of green grass centered above the cogs; four (4) green and brown trees on the right of the cogs; a black locomotive on tracks beneath the cogs; three (3) young people on the left of the cogs." The flag was originally adopted by order of the Town Board of Trustees on June 10, 1976, and was presented to the Board by Mr. Robert Harrison on that date.
Bradley King, 23 July 2002